Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- (Translator)The Persian translation of Qanoun fi al-Tibb (or The Canon of Medicine). vol. 3. Soroush Press, Tehran1987: 143
Ibn Sina AA, Kitab al Qanoun fi Al Toubb, al-Kitab al-Thaleth [The Book of the Canon of Medicine, Book 3] (Arabic). Romae: Typographia Medicea,1593, p 318 (Saab Memorial Medical Library, American University of Beirut). Available from: URL: http://ddc.aub.edu.lb/projects/saab/avicenna/index.html.
Nassar KT, (Translator). Book III: special “pathology”; diseases inflicting the human organs from head to foot (Saab Medical Library. American University of Beirut). Available from: URL: http://ddc.aub.edu.lb/projects/saab/avicenna/contents-eng.html.
- Hayes A.W. Principles and methods of toxicology. Fifth ed. Informa Healthcare, New York2008: 16
- Sarup & Sons, New Delhi2005: 273 Saints and saviours of Islam.
Pollock F, (Translator). The divine comedy by Dante Alighieri. London: 303 Chapman and Hall; 1854. p. 21.
- Rosen Publishing Group, New York2006: 11 (62, 84, 92) Avicenna (Ibn Sina): muslim physician and philosopher of the eleventh century.
- Random House, New York1983: 346 The discoverers.
- Cambridge University Press, Cambridge2003: 95 The alchemy reader: from Hermes Trismegistus to Isaac Newton.
- Neurosurgery in ancient and medieval worlds.in: Greenblatt S.H. Dagi T.F. Epstein M.H. A history of neurosurgery in its scientific and professional contexts. American Association of Neurological Surgeons, Park Ridge1997: 49
- The disorder of love in the Canon of Avicenna (A.D. 980–1037).Am J Psychiatry. 2007; 164: 228-229
- The history of anatomy in Persia.J Anat. 2007; 210: 359-378
Gohlman WE, (Translator). The life of Ibn Sina: a critical edition 319 and annotated translation [of Avicenna's autobiography]. New York: 320 State University of New York Press; 1974. p. 16–9.
- Dumper M.R. Stanley B.E. Cities of the Middle East and North Africa: a historical encyclopedia. ABC-CLIO, Santa Brabara2007: 96
Encyclopædia Britannica, or, a dictionary of arts, sciences, and miscellaneous literature, enlarged and improved. 6th edition. Volume III. Edinburgh: Archibald Constable, 1823, pp 272–274.
- Zendegi, Kar, Andisheh va Rozegar-e Pur Sina [The life, work, ideas and days of Avicenna] (Persian).Asatir Press, Tehran2005
- Meri J.W. Medieval Islamic civilization: an encyclopedia. vol. 2. Taylor & Francis, New York2006: 453
- Ibex Publishers, Bethesda2006: 151-152 Avicenna and I: the journey of spirits.
- 2003: 56-57 An encyclopaedia of occultism. New York: Dover.
Mahmoodzadeh-Sagheb HR, Heidary Z, Nouri MH, Ibn Sina, Maktab va Nazaryyehay-e Jahanshenasy-eo [Avicenna and his existence doctrine and ideology] (Persian). The collection of articles from the international symposium of Avicenna. Hamadan: Bu-Ali Sina Scientific and Cultural Foundation, 2004. Available from: URL: http://www.buali.ir/farsi/.
- KTAV Publishing House, Inc., Hoboken2002: 96 Jews and medicine: an epic saga.
- The minor dynasties of northern Iran.in: Frye R.N. The Cambridge history of Iran, vol 4: from the Arab invasion to Saljugs. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge1975: 198-249
- Reisman D.C. Al-Rahim A.H. Before and after Avicenna: proceedings of the first conference of the Avicenna Study Group. Brill, Boston2003: 93
- Ahmed M.M. Encyclopaedia of Islam. Science in Islam. New Delhi: Anmol Publications PVT. vol. 13. LTD, 2005: 283
Forghani B, (Translator). Persian translation of Cyril Elgood's a medical 350 history of Persia and the Eastern Caliphate: the development of Persian and Arabic medical sciences. Tehran: Amir Kabir PublicationCam- 351 bridge University Press; 1982. p. 213–41. 1951. 352
- State University of New York Press, New York1993: 179 An introduction to Islamic cosmological doctrines: conceptions of nature and methods used for its study by the Ikhwan Al-Safa, Al-Biruni, and Ibn Sina.
- Mystics and saints of Islam.in: London: Francis Griffiths. vol. 1910. Kessinger Publishing, 2004: 86-105
- Avicenna.in: Gracia J.J. Noone T.B. A companion to philosophy in the middle ages. Blackwell Publishing, Malden2002: 196-208
- (Translator)Revised translation of Chahar Maqala (Four Discourses) — Nizami-I-Arudi of Samarqand followed by an abridged translation of Mirz Muhammad's notes to the Persian text. Cambridge University Press, London1921: 156
- Zendegi-e Abu Ali Sina [The life of Abu Ali Sina] (Persian). Tehran: Toseey-e Ketabkhanehay-e Iran Co..1994 (An extract available from: URL: http://www.buali.ir/farsi/)
- Magam-e Abu Ali Sina dar Jahan [The position of Avicenna in the world] (Persian). The collection of articles from the international symposium of Avicenna. Hamadan: Bu-Ali Sina Scientific and Cultural Foundation.2004 (Available from: URL: http://www.buali.ir/farsi/)
- Avicenna, the first to describe thyroid-related orbitopathy.Thyroid. 2009; 19: 7-8
- Imprint Academic, Charlottesville2002: 124 Philosophy and living.
- Parthenon Publishing Group, New York2001: 111 The history of medications for women: materia medica woman.
- Avicenna and trigeminal neuralgia.J Neurol Sci. 1965; 2: 105-107
- (Translator)Persian translation of Hakim S. Zillurahman's Qanun-I Ibn-I Sina, commentaries and translations. Tehran: Society for the Appreciation and Cultural Works and Dignitaries. 2004
- The evolution of modern medicine: a series of lectures delivered at Yale University on the Silliman Foundation in April.1913 (Available from: URL: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/1566/1566-h/1566-h.htm)
- Yawning: an early manifestation of vasovagal reflex.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 1988; 150: 209
- Fatigue is significant in vasovagal syncope and is associated with autonomic symptoms.Europace. 2008; 10: 1095-1101
- “Rag Shenasi ya Resaleh dar Nabz” [Pulsology, or, treatise on pulse] (Persian).in: Meshkat S.M. Tehran: Selsele Intisharat-e Anjomane Asare Melli. 1951: 2-9
- Ibn al-Nafis (1210–1288): the first description of the pulmonary circulation.Am Surg. 2008; 74: 440-442
- Horatius Press, Omaha2003: 397-398 A history of medicine volume 5: medieval medicine.
- Europe and Islam.in: Loudon I. Oxford Western Medicine: an illustrated history. Oxford University Press, New York1997: 52
- Henry Shuman, Inc., Scranton1951: 173-185 Magic into science: the story of Paracelsus.
- Cambridge University Press, Cambridge1995: 254 The western medical tradition 800 BC to AD 1800.
- Anatomy in long clothes.in: Fraser's magazine for town and country, November issue. J.W. Parker and Son, London1853: 539-550
- C. and J. Adlard, London1847: 59 The works of William Harvey, M.D. Translated from the Latin with a life of the author.
- Islam's contribution to science.in: New Delhi: Anmol Publications PVT. LTD, 2004: 183
- Letters of Michelangelo, translated from the original Tuscan. Volume 1.Stanford University Press, Stanford1963
- 2006: 40 Azerbaijan: medieval manuscripts, history of medicine, medicinal plants. Baku: Nurlan.
- Ethical authorship and publishing.Int J Cardiol. 2009; 131: 149-150