Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to International Journal of Cardiology
- Quantifying selected major risks to health.in: The World Health Report 2002: reducing risks, promoting healthy life. WHO Bulletin (Geneva), 2002: 52-54
- Defining iron deficiency anemia in public health terms: a time for reflection.J Nutr. 2001; 131: 565S-567S
Hastka J., Heimpel H., Metzgeroth G. (2007): Eisenmangel und Eisenmangelanämie. Deutsche Gesellschaft für Hämatologie und Onkologie.
- Patient Bundesliga.LebensBaum Verlag, Bielefeld, Germany1998
- Exercise induces gastric ischemia in healthy volunteers: a tonometry study.J Appl Physiol. 2001; 91: 866-871
- Potential benefits and hazards of physical activity and exercise on the gastrointestinal tract.Gut. 2001; 48: 435-439
- Iron supplementation in athletes. Current recommendations.Sports Med. 1998; 26: 207-216
- Decreased mean sphered cell volume values in top-level rugby players are related to the intravascular hemolysis induced by exercise.Lab Hematol. 2007; 13: 103-107
- Cumulative effects of consecutive running sessions on hemolysis, inflammation and hepcidin activity.Eur J Appl Physiol. 2009; 106: 51-59
- Footstrike is the major cause of hemolysis during running.J Appl Physiol. 2003; 94: 38-42
- Ventricular late potentials among thalassemia patients.Int J Cardiol. 2009; 132 (6): 453-455
- Sweat iron and zinc losses during prolonged exercise.Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2002; 12: 428-437
- Iron loss in runners during exercise: implications and recommendations.Sports Med. 1989; 7: 277-285
- Iron status in athletes: an update.Sports Med. 1988; 5: 337-352
- Iron uptake and metabolism in the new millennium.Trends Cell Biol. 2007; 17: 93-100
- Iron deficiency.in: Beutler E. Williams hematology. 6th ed. Mc Graw-Hill, New York2001: 295-304 (447–40)
- Dietary supplements and sports performance: minerals.J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2005; 2: 43-49
- Iron deficiency and reduced work capacity: a critical review of the research to determine a causal relationship.J Nutr. 2001; 131: 676-688
- Athletic induced iron deficiency: new insights into the role of inflammation, cytokines and hormones.Eur J Appl Physiol. 2008; 1003: 381-391
- Tissue iron deficiency without anemia impairs adaptation in endurance capacity after aerobic training in previously untrained women.Am J Clin Nutr. 2004; 79: 437-443
- Hematological indices and iron status in athletes of various sports and performances.Med Sci Sports Ecerc. 2002; 34: 869-875
- The definition of anemia: what is the lower limit of normal of blood hemoglobin concentration?.Blood. 2006; 107: 1747-1750
- 6)Labor und Diagnose. Auflage; Frankfurt/Main, Germany2005 (
Laborlexikon, e-Journal für Labormedizin, ISSN 1860-966X für Ferritin.
Reference values according to standard of procedure (SOP) of Labor 28, 2009, Berlin, Germany.
- Effect of iron injections on aerobic-exercise performance of iron-depleted female athletes.Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2007; 17: 221-231
- Iron requirements in erythropoietin therapy.Best Pract Res Clin Haematol. 2005; 18: 347-361
Anker SD, Colet JS, Filippatos G, et al. Ferric carboxylmaltose in patients with heart failure and iron deficiency. N Engl J Med 2009;361(25):2436–48 .
- Effect of intravenous iron sucrose on exercise tolerance in anemic and nonanemic patients with symptomatic chronic heart failure and iron deficiency.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2008; 51 (15): 103-112
- Erythropoiesis-stimulating agents for anaemia in chronic heart failure patients.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2010; 20
- The influence of recovery and training phases on body composition, peripheral vascular function and immune system of professional soccer players.PLoS ONE. 2009; 4: e4910
- Iron biology in immune function, muscle metabolism and neuronal functioning.J Nutr. 2001; 131: 568-579
- Non-invasive determination of stroke volume and cardiac output after high intensity playing exercise in elite female soccer players.Int J Cardiol. 2009; 132 (20): 267-269
- Atrial stunning, inflammation and nutritional status after cardioversion from atrial fibrillation.Int J Cardiol. 2008; 129 (13): 344-347
Zilberman M, Silverberg DS, Schwartz D, Oksenberg A. Restless legs syndrome (RLS) in anemic patients with congestive heart failure and chronic renal failure: lack of effect of anemia treatment. Int J Cardiol 2009;143(2):205–7 .
- Novel treatment approaches to cachexia and sarcopenia: highlights from the 5th Cachexia Conference.Expert Opin Investig Drugs. 2010; 19: 579-585
- Anaemia is an independent predictor of death in patients hospitalized for acute heart failure.Clin Res Cardiol. 2010; 99: 107-113
- Iron supplementation in athletes — first do no harm.Nutrition. 2004; 20: 615-619
- Iron supplementation maintains ventilatory threshold and improves energetic efficiency in iron-deficient nonanemic athletes.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2007; 61: 30-39
- Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of iron supplementation in female soldiers during military training: effects on iron status, physical performance, and mood.Am J Clin Nutr. 2009; 90: 124-131
- Ethical authorship and publishing.Int J Cardiol. 2009; 131: 149-150