Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to International Journal of Cardiology
- Incidence and prognostic importance of acute renal failure after percutaneous coronary intervention.Circulation. 2002; 105: 2259-2264
- Incidence of contrast nephropathy in patients receiving comprehensive intravenous and oral volume supplementation.Swiss Med Wkly. 2005; 135: 286-290
- Hospital-acquired renal insufficiency: a prospective study.Am J Med. 1983; 74: 243-248
- Acute renal failure after coronary intervention: incidence, risk factors, and relationship to mortality.Am J Med. 1997; 103: 368-375
- Contrast-induced acute kidney injury.J Am Coll Cardiol. Apr. 15 2008; 51: 1419-1428
- Incidence of contrast-induced nephropathy in patients with chronic renal insufficiency undergoing multidetector computed tomographic angiography treated with preventive measures.Am J Cardiol. Aug. 1 2008; 102 (Epub 2008 May 29): 353-356
- Meta-analysis: effectiveness of drugs for preventing contrast-induced nephropathy.Ann Intern Med. 2008; 148: 284-294
- A meta-analysis of N-acetylcysteine in contrast-induced nephrotoxicity: unsupervised clustering to resolve heterogeneity.BMC Med. 2007; : 32
- The value of N-acetylcysteine in the prevention of radiocontrast agent-induced nephropathy seems questionable.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2004; 15: 407-410
- The value of hydration and acetylcysteine in the prevention of contrast-induced nephropathy: a potentially catastrophic complication of the percutaneous coronary interventions.Int J Cardiol. May 21 2008;
- Sodium bicarbonate vs sodium chloride for the prevention of contrast medium-induced nephropathy in patients undergoing coronary angiography: a randomized trial.JAMA. Sep. 3 2008; 300: 1038-1046
- A randomized prospective trial to assess the role of saline hydration on the development of contrast nephrotoxicity.Nephron Clin Pract. 2003; 93: C29-C34
- Prevention of contrast media-associated nephropathy: randomized comparison of 2 hydration regimens in 1620 patients undergoing coronary angioplasty.Arch Intern Med. Feb. 11 2002; 162: 329-336
- Effects of saline, mannitol, and furosemide to prevent acute decreases in renal function induced by radiocontrast agents.N Engl J Med. 1994; 331: 1416-1420
- A prospective randomized trial of prevention measures in patients at high risk for contrast nephropathy.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1999; 33: 403-411
- Forced diuresis with matched maintenance of intravascular volume may prevent contrast induced nephropathy in post-transplant patients with moderate–severe baseline renal impairment.Cardiovasc Revasc Med. 2007; 8: 153
- Contrast-induced nephropathy is completely prevented by high volume diuresis with matched replacement of intravascular volume.Cardiovasc Revasc Med. 2007; 8: 123
- A comparison of contemporary definitions of contrast nephropathy in patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention and a proposal for a novel nephropathy grading system.Am J Cardiol. Mar. 15 2008; 101 (Epub 2008): 812-819
- A randomized trial of saline hydration to prevent contrast nephropathy in chronic renal failure patients.Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2006; 21: 2120-2126
- Forced euvolemic diuresis with mannitol and furosemide for prevention of contrast-induced nephropathy in patients with CKD undergoing coronary angiography: a randomized controlled trial.Am J Kidney Dis. 2009; 54: 602-609
- VALOR trial investigators.Am Heart J. Oct. 2008; 156: 776-782
- Preventive strategies of renal insufficiency in patients with diabetes undergoing intervention or arteriography (PREVENT) trial.Am J Cardiol. 2011;
Berwanger O. AHA 2010. LBCT III: Abstract 21843. Acetylcysteine for the prevention of contrast-induced nephropathy (ACT) trial: a pragmatic multicenter randomized trial to evaluate the efficacy of Acetylcysteine for the prevention of renal outcomes in patients undergoing coronary and vascular angiography. Circulation Vol 122, No 21 November 23, 2010.
- N-acetylcysteine and other preventive measures for contrast-induced nephropathy in the intensive care unit.Curr Med Chem. 2006; 13: 2565-2570
- A simple risk score for prediction of contrast-induced nephropathy after percutaneous coronary intervention: development and initial validation.J Am Coll Cardiol. Oct. 6 2004; 44: 1393-1399
- REMEDIAL II Investigators. Renal Insufficiency After Contrast Media Administration Trial II (REMEDIAL II): RenalGuard System in high-risk patients for contrast-induced acute kidney injury.Circulation. 2011 Sep 13; 124: 1260-1269
☆This study was supported, in part, by a clinical research grant from PLC Medical, Inc.