Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Heart disease and stroke statistics—2010 update: a report from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2010; 121: e46-e215
- Global burden of cardiovascular diseases: part I: general considerations, the epidemiologic transition, risk factors, and impact of urbanization.Circulation. 2001; 104: 2746-2753
- Effect of cocoa products on blood pressure: systematic review and meta-analysis.Am J Hypertens. 2010; 23: 97-103
- Acute dark chocolate and cocoa ingestion and endothelial function: a randomized controlled crossover trial.Am J Clin Nutr. 2008; 88: 58-63
- Acute consumption of flavanol-rich cocoa and the reversal of endothelial dysfunction in smokers.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2005; 46: 1276-1283
- Short-term administration of dark chocolate is followed by a significant increase in insulin sensitivity and a decrease in blood pressure in healthy persons.Am J Clin Nutr. 2005; 81: 611-614
- Chocolate consumption and cardiometabolic disorders: systematic review and meta-analysis.BMJ. 2011; 343: d4488
- Methods for trend estimation from summarized dose–response data, with applications to meta-analysis.Am J Epidemiol. 1992; 135: 1301-1309
- Generalized least squares for trend estimation of summarized dose–response data.Stata J. 2006; 6: 40-57
- Cocoa intake, blood pressure, and cardiovascular mortality: the Zutphen Elderly Study.Arch Intern Med. 2006; 166: 411-417
- Flavonoid intake and cardiovascular disease mortality: a prospective study in postmenopausal women.Am J Clin Nutr. 2007; 85: 895-909
- Chocolate consumption and mortality following a first acute myocardial infarction: the Stockholm Heart Epidemiology Program.J Intern Med. 2009; 266: 248-257
- Chocolate consumption in relation to blood pressure and risk of cardiovascular disease in German adults.Eur Heart J. 2010; 31: 1616-1623
- Habitual chocolate intake and vascular disease: a prospective study of clinical outcomes in older women.Arch Intern Med. 2010; 170: 1857-1858
- Caffeine consumption and incident atrial fibrillation in women.Am J Clin Nutr. 2010; 92: 509-514
- Chocolate intake and incidence of heart failure: a population-based prospective study of middle-aged and elderly women.Circ Heart Fail. 2010; 3: 612-616
- Chocolate consumption is inversely associated with prevalent coronary heart disease: the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute Family Heart Study.Clin Nutr. 2011; 30: 182-187
- Chocolate consumption and risk of stroke in women.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011; 58: 1828-1829
- Chocolate consumption and risk of stroke: a prospective cohort of men and meta-analysis.Neurology. 2012; 79: 1223-1229
☆These authors take responsibility for all aspects of the reliability and freedom from bias of the data presented and their discussed interpretation.
☆☆This study was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China ( 31200938 , 31171016 , 81070922 , 81220108008 ), the Natural Science Foundation of Jiangsu Province ( BK2011021 ), and the Natural Science Foundation of Jinling Hospital ( 2012009 ).