Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to International Journal of Cardiology
- A review of sodium glucose co-transporter 2 inhibitors canagliflozin, dapagliflozin and empagliflozin.Cardiovasc. Hematol. Agents Med. Chem. 2015; 13: 105-112
- Renal sodium-glucose transport: role in diabetes mellitus and potential clinical implications.Kidney Int. 2009; 75: 1272-1277
- SGLT2 inhibition—a novel strategy for diabetes treatment.Nat. Rev. Drug Discov. 2010; 9: 551-559
- Renal glucose reabsorption inhibitors to treat diabetes.Trends Pharmacol. Sci. 2011; 32: 63-71
- Update on SGLT2 inhibitor warning.JAMA. 2016; 315: 243
- Impact of empagliflozin added on to basal insulin in type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled on basal insulin: a 78-week randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.Diabetes Obes. Metab. 2015; 17: 936-948
- Dapagliflozin add-on to metformin in type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled with metformin: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled 102-week trial.BMC Med. 2013; 11: 43
- Efficacy and safety of canagliflozin in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus inadequately controlled with metformin and sulphonylurea: a randomised trial.Int. J. Clin. Pract. 2013; 67: 1267-1282
- Empagliflozin, cardiovascular outcomes, and mortality in type 2 diabetes.N. Engl. J. Med. 2015; 373: 2117-2128
- Preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses: the PRISMA statement.BMJ. 2009; 339: b2535
- Efficacy and safety of sodium-glucose cotransporter 2 inhibitors in type 2 diabetes: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials for 1 to 2 years.J. Diabetes Complicat. 2015; 29: 1295-1303
- Efficacy and tolerability of canagliflozin as add-on to metformin in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus: a meta-analysis.Eur. J. Clin. Pharmacol. 2015; 71: 1325-1332
- The efficacy of dapagliflozin combined with hypoglycaemic drugs in treating type 2 diabetes mellitus: meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials.BMJ Open. 2014; 4e004619
- Sodium glucose co-transport 2 inhibitors in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus: a meta-analysis of randomized double-blind controlled trials.BMC Endocr. Disord. 2013; 13: 58
- Efficacy and safety of sodium glucose co-transport-2 inhibitors in type 2 diabetes: a meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials.Diabetes Obes. Metab. 2014; 16: 457-466
- Effects of sodium-glucose cotransporter-2 inhibitors on cardiovascular events, death, and major safety outcomes in adults with type 2 diabetes: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2016; 4: 411-419
- Systematic reviews in health care: assessing the quality of controlled clinical trials.BMJ. 2001; 323: 42-46
- 184.108.40.206. Peto odds ratio method.in: Higgins J.P. Green S. Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions. The Cochrane Collaboration, 2011
- Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions Version 5.1.0 [Updated March 2011].The Cochrane Collaboration, 2011 (Available from www.cochrane-handbook.org)
- Meta-analysis in clinical trials.Control. Clin. Trials. 1986; 7: 177-188
- Measuring inconsistency in meta-analyses.BMJ. 2003; 327: 557-560
- Bias in meta-analysis detected by a simple, graphical test.BMJ. 1997; 315: 629-634
Effect of dapagliflozin on microvascular and macrovascular circulation and total body sodium content. Available at https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02383238. Last accessed 2016.
- Heart failure outcomes with empagliflozin in patients with type 2 diabetes at high cardiovascular risk: results of the EMPA-REG OUTCOME trial.Eur. Heart J. 2016; 37: 1526-1534
- Empagliflozin reduces blood pressure in patients with type 2 diabetes and hypertension.Diabetes Care. 2015; 38: 420-428
- EMPA-REG - the “diuretic hypothesis”.J. Diabetes Complicat. 2015; 30: 3-4
- Empagliflozin as add-on therapy to pioglitazone with or without metformin in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus.Clin. Ther. 2015; 37: 1773-1788.e1
- Improved glucose control with weight loss, lower insulin doses, and no increased hypoglycemia with empagliflozin added to titrated multiple daily injections of insulin in obese inadequately controlled type 2 diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2014; 37: 1815-1823
- Effects of empagliflozin on blood pressure and markers of arterial stiffness and vascular resistance in patients with type 2 diabetes.Diabetes Obes. Metab. 2015; 17: 1180-1193
- The effect of empagliflozin on arterial stiffness and heart rate variability in subjects with uncomplicated type 1 diabetes mellitus.Cardiovasc. Diabetol. 2014; 13: 28
- Prognostic impact of aortic stiffness in high-risk type 2 diabetic patients: the Rio deJaneiro Type 2 Diabetes Cohort Study.Diabetes Care. 2013; 36: 3772-3778
- Cardio-renal syndromes: report from the consensus conference of the acute dialysis quality initiative.Eur. Heart J. 2010; 31: 703-711
- EMPA-REG OUTCOME investigators. empagliflozin and progression of kidney disease in type 2 diabetes.N. Engl. J. Med. 2016; 375: 323-334
- Perioperative statin therapy for patients undergoing coronary artery bypass grafting.Ann. Thorac. Surg. 2016; 101: 818-825
- A. Meta-analysis of 12 trials evaluating the effects of statins on decreasing atrial fibrillation after coronary artery bypass grafting.Am. J. Cardiol. 2015; 115: 1523-1528
- Efficacy and safety of canagliflozin, an inhibitor of sodium-glucose cotransporter 2, when used in conjunction with insulin therapy in patients with type 2 diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2015; 38: 403-411
- FDA Drug Safety Communication: interim clinical trial results find increased risk of leg and foot amputations, mostly affecting the toes, with the diabetes medicine canagliflozin (Invokana, Invokamet); FDA to investigate.(Available at)(Accessed July 16, 2016)
Safety alerts for human medical products - canagliflozin (Invokana, Invokamet) and dapagliflozin (Farxiga, Xigduo XR): drug safety communication - strengthened kidney warnings. Available at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/SafetyInformation/SafetyAlertsforHumanMedicalProducts/ucm506554.htm. Accessed July 16, 2016.
Multicenter trial to evaluate the effect of dapagliflozin on the incidence of cardiovascular events. Available at https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01730534. Accessed July 20, 2016.
Safety and effectiveness of SGLT-2 inhibitors in patients with heart failure and diabetes. Available at https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02397421. Accessed July 20, 2016.