- •Implantation of the Acurate neo without predilatation is feasible in select patients.
- •Procedure and fluoroscopy time are thereby significantly shorter.
- •The rate of relevant aortic regurgitation or postdilatation is not negatively affected.
- •Hemodynamic stability is maintained throughout the entire procedure.
- •This concept is straightforward and currently represents the gentlest TAVI approach.
Abbreviations:AR (aortic regurgitation), AVCS (aortic valve calcium score), AVCdens (aortic valve calcium density), LVOT (left ventricular outflow tract), TAVI (transcatheter aortic valve implantation), MDCT (multidetector computed tomography)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Transcatheter aortic-valve replacement with a self-expanding prosthesis.N. Engl. J. Med. 2014; 370: 1790-1798
- The German aortic valve registry (GARY): in-hospital outcome.Eur. Heart J. 2014; 35: 1588-1598
- Transcatheter aortic valve implantation vs. surgical aortic valve replacement for treatment of severe aortic stenosis: a meta-analysis of randomized trials.Eur. Heart J. 2016;
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement versus surgical valve replacement in intermediate-risk patients: a propensity score analysis.Lancet. 2016; 387: 2218-2225
- Complications and outcome of balloon aortic valvuloplasty in high-risk or inoperable patients.JACC Cardiovasc. Interv. 2010; 3: 1150-1156
- Left main thrombotic occlusion following balloon aortic valvuloplasty for severe aortic stenosis.Can. J. Cardiol. 2012; 28 (e13-5): 759
- Impact of rapid ventricular pacing during TAVI on microvascular tissue perfusion.Clin. Res. Cardiol. 2014; 103: 902-911
- Percutaneous aortic valve replacement: valvuloplasty studies in vitro.Eur. J. Cardiothorac. Surg. 2011; 39: 631-634
- Feasibility of transcatheter aortic valve implantation without balloon pre-dilation: a pilot study.JACC Cardiovasc. Interv. 2011; 4: 751-757
- Transfemoral aortic valve implantation of Edwards SAPIEN XT without predilatation is feasible.Clin. Cardiol. 2014; 37: 667-671
- Transfemoral aortic valve implantation of Edwards SAPIEN 3 without predilatation.Catheter. Cardiovasc. Interv. 2016;
- First experience without pre-ballooning in transapical aortic valve implantation: a propensity score-matched analysis.Eur. J. Cardiothorac. Surg. 2015; 47 (discussion 8): 31-38
- Symetis ACURATE TF aortic bioprosthesis.EuroIntervention. 2013; 9: S107-S110
- Guidelines on the management of valvular heart disease (version 2012).Eur. Heart J. 2012; 33: 2451-2496
- Diagnostic accuracy of computed tomography angiography for the detection of coronary artery disease in patients referred for transcatheter aortic valve implantation.Clin. Res. Cardiol. 2015; 104: 471-480
- Low-flow, low-gradient aortic stenosis with normal and depressed left ventricular ejection fraction.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2012; 60: 1845-1853
- Quantification of coronary artery calcium using ultrafast computed tomography.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 1990; 15: 827-832
- High Agatston aortic valve calcium score predicts transcatheter paravalvular aortic regurgitation.J. Thorac. Cardiovasc. Surg. 2014; 147: 1991
- Updated standardized endpoint definitions for transcatheter aortic valve implantation: the valve academic research consortium-2 consensus document.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2012; 60: 1438-1454
- EAE/ASE recommendations for the use of echocardiography in new transcatheter interventions for valvular heart disease.J. Am. Soc. Echocardiogr. 2011; 24: 937-965
- Predictors of permanent pacemaker implantation in patients with severe aortic stenosis undergoing TAVR: a meta-analysis.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2014; 64: 129-140
- 30-day Registry Results Using a Second-Generation TF-TAVI System for the Treatment of Aortic Stenosis.in: Unknown Euro PCR 2016. Symetis SA, Paris2016
- Impact of balloon post-dilation on clinical outcomes after transcatheter aortic valve replacement with the self-expanding CoreValve prosthesis.JACC Cardiovasc. Interv. 2014; 7: 1014-1021
- Outcomes with post-dilation following transcatheter aortic valve replacement: the PARTNER I trial (placement of aortic transcatheter valve).JACC Cardiovasc. Interv. 2014; 7: 781-789
☆All author takes responsibility for all aspects of the reliability and freedom from bias of the data presented and their discussed interpretation.