- •AFIRE will compare rivaroxaban with rivaroxaban plus antiplatelet therapy.
- •2200 patients with atrial fibrillation and coronary artery disease will be included.
- •This study is the first to assess rivaroxaban monotherapy in this population.
- •We expect rivaroxaban to be non-inferior for preventing cardiovascular events.
- •We expect rivaroxaban to be superior for preventing major bleeding events.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Dual antithrombotic therapy increases severe bleeding events in patients with stroke and cardiovascular disease: a prospective, multicenter, observational study.Stroke. 2008; 39: 1740-1745
- Impact of anticoagulant therapy with dual antiplatelet therapy on prognosis after treatment with drug-eluting coronary stents.J. Cardiol. 2010; 55: 362-369
- ESC guidelines for the management of atrial fibrillation developed in collaboration with EACTS.Eur. Heart J. 2016; 37: 2893-2962
- ACCF/AHA/HRS focused updates incorporated into the ACC/AHA/ESC 2006 guidelines for the management of patients with atrial fibrillation: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association task force on practice guidelines developed in partnership with the European Society of Cardiology and in collaboration with the European heart rhythm association and the Heart Rhythm Society.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2011; 57 (e101–198)
- Impact of coronary computed tomography angiography findings on initiation of cardioprotective medications.Circ. J. 2017; 136: 2195-2197
- Dabigatran versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation.N. Engl. J. Med. 2009; 361: 1139-1151
- Rivaroxaban versus warfarin in nonvalvular atrial fibrillation.N. Engl. J. Med. 2011; 365: 883-891
- Apixaban versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation.N. Engl. J. Med. 2011; 365: 981-992
- Edoxaban versus warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation.N. Engl. J. Med. 2013; 369: 2093-2104
- European heart rhythm association practical guide on the use of new oral anticoagulants in patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation.Europace. 2013; 15: 625-651
- Prevention of bleeding in patients with atrial fibrillation undergoing PCI.N. Engl. J. Med. 2016; 375: 2423-2434
- Rivaroxaban vs. warfarin in Japanese patients with atrial fibrillation – the J-ROCKET AF study.Circ. J. 2012; 76: 2104-2111
- Ischaemic cardiac outcomes in patients with atrial fibrillation treated with vitamin K antagonism or factor Xa inhibition: results from the ROCKET AF trial.Eur. Heart J. 2014; 35: 233-241
- Coronary and mortality risk of novel oral antithrombotic agents: a meta-analysis of large randomised trials.BMJ Open. 2012; (e001592)https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2012-001592
- Guidelines for pharmacotherapy of atrial fibrillation (JCS 2013): digest version.Circ. J. 2014; 78: 1997-2021
- Validation of clinical classification schemes for predicting stroke: results from the National Registry of atrial fibrillation.JAMA. 2001; 285: 2864-2870
- Guidelines for pharmacotherapy of atrial fibrillation (JCS 2008): Digest version.Circ. J. 2010; 74: 2479-2500
- Vascular disease and stroke risk in atrial fibrillation: a nationwide cohort study.Am. J. Med. 2012; 125 (e13–23)
- Model-based dose selection for phase III rivaroxaban study in Japanese patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation.Drug. Metab. Pharmacokinet. 2013; 28: 59-70
- Confirmation of model-based dose selection for a Japanese phase III study of rivaroxaban in non-valvular atrial fibrillation patients.Drug. Metab. Pharmacokinet. 2013; 28: 321-331
- Xarelto (Rivaroxaban) Tablets. Package Insert Approved for Use in Japan.http://www.info.pmda.go.jp/downfiles/ph/PDF/630004_3339003F1024_1_14.pdfDate accessed: August 31, 2017
- Prasugrel, a third-generation P2Y12 receptor antagonist, in patients with coronary artery disease undergoing elective percutaneous coronary intervention.Circ. J. 2014; 78: 2926-2934
- Rivaroxaban with or without aspirin in stable cardiovascular disease.N. Engl. J. Med. 2017; 377: 1319-1330
- Adherence to cardiovascular therapy: a meta-analysis of prevalence and clinical consequences.Eur. Heart J. 2013; 34: 2940-2948
- Subcommittee on control of anticoagulation of the scientific and standardization committee of the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis, definition of major bleeding in clinical investigations of antihemostatic medicinal products in non-surgical patients.J. Thromb. Haemost. 2005; 3: 692-694