- •RV function is correlated with clinical outcome in Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome.
- •Septal contractility of the RV is diminished in those with larger dysplastic LVs.
- •Clinical outcomes were worse in those with larger LV size and poor septal contractility.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Impaired power output and cardiac index with hypoplastic left heart syndrome: a magnetic resonance imaging study.Ann Thorac Surg. 2006; 82 (discussion 75-7): 1267-1275
- Ventricular function and ventriculo-arterial coupling after palliation of hypoplastic left heart syndrome: a comparative study with Fontan patients with LV morphology.Int. J. Cardiol. 2017; 227: 691-697
- Reduced right ventricular fractional area change, strain, and strain rate before bidirectional cavopulmonary anastomosis is associated with medium-term mortality for children with hypoplastic left heart syndrome.J. Am. Soc. Echocardiogr. 2018; 31: 831-842
- Prognostic value of serial echocardiography in hypoplastic left heart syndrome.Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2018; 11e006983
- A study in ventricular-ventricular interaction. Single right ventricles compared with systemic right ventricles in a dual-chamber circulation.Circulation. 1995; 92: 219-230
- Insights into the evolution of myocardial dysfunction in the functionally single right ventricle between staged palliations using speckle-tracking echocardiography.J. Am. Soc. Echocardiogr. 2014; 27: 314-322
- Novel insights into RV adaptation and function in hypoplastic left heart syndrome between the first 2 stages of surgical palliation.JACC Cardiovasc. Imaging. 2011; 4: 128-137
- Imaging right-left ventricular interactions.JACC Cardiovasc. Imaging. 2018; 11: 755-771
- Right ventricular mechanical dyssynchrony in children with hypoplastic left heart syndrome.J. Am. Soc. Echocardiogr. 2007; 20: 1073-1079
- Right ventricular mechanical dyssynchrony and asymmetric contraction in hypoplastic heart syndrome are associated with tricuspid regurgitation.J. Am. Soc. Echocardiogr. 2013; 26: 1214-1220
- Surgical outcome for patients with the mitral stenosis-aortic atresia variant of hypoplastic left heart syndrome.J. Thorac. Cardiovasc. Surg. 2008; 135: 339-346
- Mitral stenosis and aortic atresia—a risk factor for mortality after the modified Norwood operation in Hypoplastic left heart syndrome.Ann. Thorac. Surg. 2016; 101: 162-167
- Mitral stenosis and aortic atresia in hypoplastic left heart syndrome: survival analysis after stage I palliation.Ann. Thorac. Surg. 2010; 90 (discussion 607-8): 1599-1607
- Hypoplastic left heart syndrome and aortic atresia-mitral stenosis variant: role of myocardial protection strategy and impact of ventriculo-coronary connections after stage I palliation.Pediatr. Cardiol. 2011; 32: 929-939
- Left ventricular morphology influences mortality after the Norwood operation.Heart. 2009; 95: 1238-1244
- Effect of chronic right ventricular volume overload on ventricular interaction in patients after tetralogy of Fallot repair.J. Am. Soc. Echocardiogr. 2014; 27: 896-902
- Frequent activation delay-induced mechanical dyssynchrony and dysfunction in the systemic right ventricle.J. Am. Soc. Echocardiogr. 2016; 29: 1074-1083
- Right ventricular mechanics using a novel comprehensive three-view echocardiographic strain analysis in a normal population.J. Am. Soc. Echocardiogr. 2014; 27: 413-422
- Right ventricular echocardiographic indices predict poor outcomes in infants with persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn.Eur. Heart J. Cardiovasc. Imaging. 2015; 16: 1224-1231
- Activation delay-induced mechanical dyssynchrony in single-ventricle heart disease.Cardiol Young. 2017; 27: 1390-1391
- Quantitative echocardiographic assessment of the performance of the functionally single right ventricle after the Fontan operation.Cardiol. Young. 2001; 11: 399-406
- Recommendations for chamber quantification: a report from the American Society of Echocardiography's guidelines and standards committee and the Chamber Quantification Writing Group, developed in conjunction with the European Association of Echocardiography, a branch of the European Society of Cardiology.J. Am. Soc. Echocardiogr. 2005; 18: 1440-1463
- The effect of left ventricular size on right ventricular hemodynamics in pediatric survivors with hypoplastic left heart syndrome.J. Am. Soc. Echocardiogr. 2008; 21: 464-469
- Does left ventricular size impact on intrinsic right ventricular function in hypoplastic left heart syndrome?.Int. J. Cardiol. 2013; 167: 1305-1310
- Quantification of right ventricular electromechanical Dyssynchrony in relation to right ventricular function and clinical outcomes in children with repaired tetralogy of Fallot.J. Am. Soc. Echocardiogr. 2018; 31: 822-830
- Multicenter study comparing shunt type in the Norwood procedure for single-ventricle lesions: three-dimensional echocardiographic analysis.Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2013; 6: 934-942
- Contraction pattern of the systemic right ventricle shift from longitudinal to circumferential shortening and absent global ventricular torsion.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2007; 49: 2450-2456
☆All authors take responsibility for all aspects of the reliability and freedom from bias of the data presented and their discussed interpretation.