- •ASA is a treatment option for patients with hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy.
- •Uncertainty over ASA efficacy in patients with myocardial fibrosis persists to date.
- •In our study, ASA was effective in patients with HOCM independently of LGE on CMR.
- •ASA was effective even in patients with septal fibrosis.
Abbreviations:ASA (alcohol septal ablation), CMR (cardiac magnetic resonance), ESC (European Society of Cardiology), HCM (hypertrophic cardiomyopathy), HOCM (hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy), LGE (late gadolinium enhancement), LV (left ventricle), LVOT (left ventricular outflow tract), LVOTO (LVOT obstruction), IVS (interventricular septum), PG (peak gradient)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- 2014 ESC guidelines on diagnosis and management of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: the task force for the diagnosis and management of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC).Eur. Heart J. 2014; 35: 2733-2779https://doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/ehu284
- 2011 ACCF/AHA guideline for the diagnosis and treatment of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: a report of the American college of cardiology foundation/American heart association task force on practice guidelines.Circulation. 2011; 124: 783-831https://doi.org/10.1161/CIR.0b013e318223e2bd
- Targeted medical therapies for hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.Curr. Cardiol. Rep. 2020; 10https://doi.org/10.1007/s11886-020-1258-x
- New developments in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.Can. J. Cardiol. 2017; 33: 1254-1265https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cjca.2017.07.007
- Predictors of outcome after alcohol septal ablation for hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy an echocardiography and cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging study.Circ. Cardiovasc. Interv. 2016; 9https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCINTERVENTIONS.115.002675
- Alcohol Septal ablation in hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy.Hell. J. Cardiol. 2009; 50: 511-522
- Through thick and thin: what are the septal thickness limits for alcohol septal ablation?.Circ. Cardiovasc. Interv. 2016; 9https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCINTERVENTIONS.116.003588
- Histological validation of cardiac magnetic resonance analysis of regional and diffuse interstitial myocardial fibrosis.Eur. Heart J. Cardiovasc. Imaging. 2015; 16: 14-22https://doi.org/10.1093/ehjci/jeu182
- The histologic basis of late gadolinium enhancement cardiovascular magnetic resonance in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2004; 43: 2260-2264https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2004.03.035
- Noninvasive detection of fibrosis applying contrast-enhanced cardiac magnetic resonance in different forms of left ventricular hypertrophy. relation to remodeling.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2009; 53: 284-291https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2008.08.064
- Long-term clinical outcome after alcohol septal ablation for obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: results from the euro-ASA registry.Eur. Heart J. 2016; 37: 1517-1523https://doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/ehv693
- Short- and long-term outcomes of alcohol septal ablation for hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy in patients with mild left ventricular hypertrophy: a propensity score matching analysis.Eur. Heart J. 2019; 40: 1681-1687https://doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/ehz110
- Alcohol Septal Ablation in Patients with Severe Septal Hypertrophy, Heart.2019https://doi.org/10.1136/heartjnl-2019-315422
- Non-surgical myocardial reduction for hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy.Lancet. 1995; 346: 211-214https://doi.org/10.1016/s0140-6736(95)91267-3
- Real-time myocardial contrast echocardiography for echo-guided alcohol septal ablation.Arch. Med. Sci. 2009; : 271-272
- Hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy: Alcohol septal ablation.Eur. Heart J. 2011; 32https://doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/ehr013
- Update on alcohol septal ablation for hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy.Kardiol. Pol. 2019; 77: 160-161https://doi.org/10.5603/KP.2019.0019
- Toward clinical risk assessment in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy with gadolinium cardiovascular magnetic resonance.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2003; 41: 1561-1567https://doi.org/10.1016/S0735-1097(03)00189-X
- A new automatic algorithm for quantification of myocardial infarction imaged by late gadolinium enhancement cardiovascular magnetic resonance: Experimental validation and comparison to expert delineations in multi-center, multi-vendor patient data.J. Cardiovasc. Magn. Reson. 2016; 18https://doi.org/10.1186/s12968-016-0242-5
- Alcohol septal ablation for the treatment of hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy: a multicenter north american registry.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2011; 58: 2322-2328https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2011.06.073
- Results of ventricular septal myectomy and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (from Nationwide inpatient sample [1998-2010]).Am. J. Cardiol. 2014; 114: 1390-1395https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjcard.2014.07.075