- •Cancer predisposes individuals to cardiovascular disease (CVD)-related illness and death.
- •Exercise-based cardiac rehabilitation improved cardiorespiratory fitness in patients with CVD and cancer.
- •Cardiac rehabilitation completion improved survival in patients with CVD and cancer.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to International Journal of Cardiology
- Prevention of cardiovascular disease among cancer survivors: the role of pre-existing risk factors and cancer treatments.Curr. Epidemiol. Rep.orts. 2017; 4: 239-247
- Cancer Statistics.2018 (https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/understanding/statistics (Accessed June 19, 2020))
- Cardio-oncology rehabilitation to manage cardiovascular outcomes in cancer patients and survivors: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2019; 139: e997-e1012
- A population-based study of cardiovascular disease mortality risk in US cancer patients.Eur. Heart J. 2019; 40: 3889-3897
- Lifestyle interventions to improve cardiorespiratory fitness and reduce breast cancer recurrence.in: American Society of Clinical Oncology Educational Book. 37. 2017: 57-64
- Importance of assessing cardiorespiratory fitness in clinical practice: a case for fitness as a clinical vital sign: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2016; 134: e653-e699
- AHA/ACCF secondary prevention and risk reduction therapy for patients with coronary and other atherosclerotic vascular disease: 2011 update.Circulation. 2011; 124: 2458-2473
- Cardiovascular fitness and mortality after contemporary cardiac rehabilitation.Mayo Clin. Proc. 2013; 88: 455-463
- Exercise-based oncology rehabilitation: leveraging the cardiac rehabilitation model.J. Cardiopulmon. Rehabil. Prevent. 2015; 35: 130
- Cardiac rehabilitation attendance and outcomes in coronary artery disease patients.Circulation. 2012; 126: 677-687
- Overview of the Alberta provincial project for outcome assessment in coronary heart disease.Can. J. Cardiol. 2000; 16: 1225-1230
- Sex differences in the prognostic importance of diabetes in patients with ischemic heart disease undergoing coronary angiography.Diabet. Care. 2003; 26: 3142-3147
- Factors associated with cardiorespiratory fitness at completion of cardiac rehabilitation: identification of specific patient features requiring attention.Can. J. Cardiol. 2018; 34: 925-932
- Prediction of maximal oxygen consumption during handrail-supported treadmill exercise.J. Cardiopulmon. Rehabil. Prevent. 1987; 7: 324-331
- Prognostic value of a coronary artery jeopardy score.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 1985; 5: 1055-1063
- Pan-Canadian development of cardiac rehabilitation and secondary prevention quality indicators.Can. J. Cardiol. 2014; 30: 945-948
- Patient characteristics predictive of cardiac rehabilitation adherence.J. Cardiopulm. Rehabil. Prev. 2017; 37: 103-110
- Factors associated with non-participation in and dropout from cardiac rehabilitation programmes: a systematic review of prospective cohort studies.Eur. J. Cardiovasc. Nurs. 2019; 18: 38-47
- . <journal-title>Int. J. Cardiol.</journal-title>. 2016; 223: 436-443
- Is referral of postsurgical colorectal cancer survivors to cardiac rehabilitation feasible and acceptable? A pragmatic pilot randomised controlled trial with embedded qualitative study.BMJ Open. 2016; 6e009284
- Feasibility of an exercise intervention for fatigued breast cancer patients at a community-based cardiac rehabilitation program.Cancer Manag. Res. 2017; 9: 29-39
- Exercise capacity and mortality among men referred for exercise testing.N. Engl. J. Med. 2002; 346: 793-801
- Cardiorespiratory fitness as a quantitative predictor of all-cause mortality and cardiovascular events in healthy men and women: a meta-analysis.JAMA. 2009; 301: 2024-2035
- Prognostic value of treadmill exercise testing in elderly persons.Ann. Intern. Med. 2000; 132: 862-870
- Submaximal effort tolerance as a predictor of all-cause mortality in patients undergoing cardiac rehabilitation.Clin. Cardiol. 2007; 30: 234-238
- Cardiorespiratory fitness is related to the risk of sudden cardiac death: a population-based follow-up study.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2010; 56: 1476-1483
- Changes in cardiorespiratory fitness in cardiac rehabilitation patients: a meta-analysis.Int. J. Cardiol. 2013; 167: 894-902
- Efficacy of exercise therapy on cardiorespiratory fitness in patients with cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J. Clin. Oncol. 2018; 36: 2297-2305
- Cardio-oncology services: rationale, organization, and implementation: a report from the ESC cardio-oncology council.Eur. Heart J. 2019; 40: 1756-1763
- The cardio-oncology program: a multidisciplinary approach to the care of cancer patients with cardiovascular disease.Can. J. Cardiol. 2016; 32: 847-851
T.M. Okwuosa A. Morgans J.W. Rhee Impact of hormonal therapies for treatment of hormone-dependent cancers (breast and prostate) on the cardiovascular system: effects and modifications: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association 2021 Genomic and Precision Medicine Circulation HCG-0000000000000082.