- •Data on infarct size and myocardial function after failed thrombolysis and rescue PCI are lacking.
- •After rescue PCI, lower final TIMI blush grade was associated with lower LVEF and higher volume of late gadolinium enhancement.
- •Novel strategies aimed at improving microvascular obstruction in the setting of rescue PCI are needed to improve outcomes.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Management of failed thrombolysis after acute myocardial infarction: an overview of current treatment options.Int. J. Cardiol. 2007; 114: 291-299
- Comparison of primary percutaneous coronary intervention and fibrinolytic therapy in ST-segment-elevation myocardial infarction: bayesian hierarchical meta-analyses of randomized controlled trials and observational studies.Circulation. 2009; 119: 3101-3109
- Thrombolysis in myocardial infarction (TIMI) trial, phase I: a comparison between intravenous tissue plasminogen activator and intravenous streptokinase. Clinical findings through hospital discharge.Circulation. 1987; 76: 142-154
- 2017 ESC guidelines for the management of acute myocardial infarction in patients presenting with ST-segment elevation: the task force for the management of acute myocardial infarction in patients presenting with ST-segment elevation of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC).Eur. Heart J. 2018; 39: 119-177
- SAVEME (myocardial salvage after rescue angioplasty: evaluation by magnetic resonance) study: rationale and study design.Revista Brasileira de Cardiologia Invasiva (English Edition). 2016; 24: 9-13
- Relation of myocardial blush grade to microvascular perfusion and myocardial infarct size after primary or rescue percutaneous coronary intervention.Am. J. Cardiol. 2007; 99: 1671-1673
- Identification of high-risk patients after ST-segment-elevation myocardial infarction: comparison between angiographic and magnetic resonance parameters.Circ. Cardiovasc. Imaging. 2017; 10e005841
- Prevention and treatment of microvascular obstruction-related myocardial injury and coronary no-reflow following percutaneous coronary intervention: a systematic approach.JACC Cardiovasc. Interv. 2010; 3: 695-704
- A randomized double-blind placebo-controlled study comparing intracoronary versus intravenous Abciximab in patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction undergoing transradial rescue percutaneous coronary intervention after failed thrombolysis.Am. J. Cardiol. 2018; 122: 47-53
☆This work is dedicated to the loving memory of Professor Antonio Carlos de Camargo Carvalho, MD, PhD