- •MRPL20-AS1 is the most significantly regulated long non-coding RNA in the blood of patients suffering from obstructive sleep apnea syndrome.
- •MRPL20-AS1 blood levels are inversely correlated with the apnea-hypopnea index.
- •MRLP20-AS1 is downregulated in endothelial cells upon hypoxic injury.
Methods and results
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Obstructive sleep apnea.Neurol. Int. 2011; 3e15
- Obstructive sleep apnea, hypertension and cardiovascular diseases.J. Hum. Hypertens. 2015; 29: 705-712
- Mechanisms of cardiovascular disease in obstructive sleep apnoea.J. Thorac. Dis. 2018; 10 (S4201-S11)
- Functional assessment of vascular reactivity after chronic intermittent hypoxia in the rat.Respir. Physiol. Neurobiol. 2006; 150: 278-286
- Gene regulation by long non-coding RNAs and its biological functions.Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 2021; 22: 96-118
- Analysis of nocturnal, hypoxia-induced miRNAs in sleep apnea patients.PLoS One. 2022; 17e0263747
- MicroRNA-mediated vascular intercellular communication is altered in chronic kidney disease.Cardiovasc. Res. 2022; 118: 316-333
- The RNA-binding protein hnRNPU regulates the sorting of microRNA-30c-5p into large extracellular vesicles.J. Extracell. Vesicles. 2020; 9: 1786967
- The nf-core framework for community-curated bioinformatics pipelines.Nat. Biotechnol. 2020; 38: 276-278
- STAR: ultrafast universal RNA-seq aligner.Bioinformatics. 2013; 29: 15-21
- featureCounts: an efficient general purpose program for assigning sequence reads to genomic features.Bioinformatics. 2014; 30: 923-930
- R: A Language and Environment for Statistical Computing.R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria2020
- Moderated estimation of fold change and dispersion for RNA-seq data with DESeq2.Genome Biol. 2014; 15: 550
- CPAT: coding-potential assessment tool using an alignment-free logistic regression model.Nucleic Acids Res. 2013; 41e74
- lncRNA Mirt1: a critical regulatory factor in chronic intermittent hypoxia exaggerated post-MI cardiac remodeling.Front. Genet. 2022; 13818823
- Overexpressed long noncoding RNA CPS1-IT alleviates pulmonary arterial hypertension in obstructive sleep apnea by reducing interleukin-1beta expression via HIF1 transcriptional activity.J. Cell. Physiol. 2019; 234: 19715-19727
- Impact of obstructive sleep apnea syndrome on endothelial function, arterial stiffening, and serum inflammatory markers: an updated meta-analysis and metaregression of 18 studies.J. Am. Heart Assoc. 2015; 4
- Endothelium.Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2016; 36: e26-e31
- Transcriptional profiling of hypoxia-regulated non-coding RNAs in human primary endothelial cells.Front. Cardiovasc. Med. 2018; 5: 159
☆All authors take responsibility for all aspects of the reliability and freedom from bias of the data presented and their discussed interpretation.