- •The ERAS program in cardiac surgery was built within a multidisciplinary team.
- •The key features of our ERAS protocol involves UFT anesthesia with table extubation, and immediate rehabilitation therapy.
- •ERAS protocols can be implemented safely in minimally invasive valve surgery.
- •Ultra fast track management showed superior clinical outcomes compared with conventional treatment.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Enhanced recovery after surgery: a review.JAMA Surg. 2017; 152: 292-298
- One-year results from the first US-based enhanced recovery after cardiac surgery program.J. Thorac. Cardiovasc. Surg. 2019; 157: 1881-1888
- Aggregation of marginal gains in cardiac surgery: feasibility of a perioperative care bundle for enhanced recovery in cardiac surgical patients.J. Cardiothorac. Vasc. Anesth. 2016; 30: 665-670
- Establishment of an enhanced recovery after surgery protocol in minimally invasive heart valve surgery.PLoS One. 2020; 15e0231378
- Ultra fast-track minimally invasive aortic valve replacement: going beyond reduced incisions.Eur. J. Cardiothorac. Surg. 2018; 53: ii14-ii18
- Guidelines for perioperative care in cardiac surgery: enhanced recovery after surgery society recommendations.JAMA Surg. 2019; 154: 755-766
- Ultra fast track surgery: a rapid deployment aortic valve replacement through a J-ministernotomy.J. Vis. Surg. 2018; 4: 90
- Minimally invasive versus standard extracorporeal circulation system in minimally invasive aortic valve surgery: a propensity score-matched study.Eur. J. Cardiothorac. Surg. 2019; 1: 717-723
- Ultra-fast-track trans-axillary mini-aortic valve replacement.Ann. Cardiothorac. Surg. 2020; 9: 427-428
- Ultrafast-Track Mini Mitral Valve Repair: Direct Access Transaxillary Approach.(doi:1025373/ctsnet9899270)2019
- Minimally invasive mitral valve surgery: “The Leipzig experience”.Ann. Cardiothorac. Surg. 2013; 2: 744-750
- Aortic valve replacement using stented or sutureless/rapid deployment prosthesis via either full-sternotomy or a minimally invasive approach: a network meta-analysis.Ann. Cardiothorac. Surg. 2020; 9: 347-363
- Clinical review: early patient mobilization in the ICU.Crit. Care. 2013; 17: 207
- Consequences of delirium after cardiac operations.Ann. Thorac. Surg. 2012; 93: 705-711
- Delirium in the cardiovascular ICU: exploring modifiable risk factors.Crit. Care Med. 2013; 41: 405-413
- Early physical and occupational therapy in mechanically ventilated, critically ill patients: a randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2009; 373: 1874-1882
- Minimally invasive aortic valve replacement provides equivalent outcomes at reduced cost compared with conventional aortic valve replacement: a real-world multi-institutional analysis.J. Thorac. Cardiovasc. Surg. 2015; 149: 1060-1065
- A minimally invasive approach is more cost-effective than a traditional sternotomy approach for mitral valve surgery.J. Thorac. Cardiovasc. Surg. 2011; 142: 1507-1514
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
☆This author takes responsibility for all aspects of the reliability and freedom from bias of the data presented and their discussed interpretation.