- •Valvular Heart Disease is a very prevalent form of cardiac disease.
- •Aortic Stenosis and Mitral regurgitation are the most common forms of valvular heart disease.
- •The burden of valvular heart disease is likely to exponentially increase over the coming decades.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Global, regional, and National Burden of calcific aortic valve and degenerative mitral valve diseases, 1990-2017.Circulation. 2020; 141: 1670-1680
- Contemporary presentation and management of valvular heart disease: the EURObservational research programme valvular heart disease II survey.Circulation. 2019; 140: 1156-1169
- Burden of valvular heart diseases: a population-based study.Lancet. 2006; 368: 1005-1011
- Prevalence and clinical determinants of mitral, tricuspid, and aortic regurgitation (the Framingham heart study).Am. J. Cardiol. 1999; 83: 897-902
- The OxVALVE population cohort study (OxVALVE-PCS)-population screening for undiagnosed valvular heart disease in the elderly: study design and objectives.Open Heart. 2014; 1e000043
- Large-scale community echocardiographic screening reveals a major burden of undiagnosed valvular heart disease in older people: the OxVALVE population cohort study.Eur. Heart J. 2016; 37: 3515-3522
- Survival of people with valvular heart disease in a large, english community-based cohort study.Heart. 2021; 107: 1336-1343
- Imaging-guided cardioprotective treatment in a community elderly population of stage B heart failure.JACC Cardiovasc. Imaging. 2017; 10: 217-226
- Associations of subclinical heart failure and atrial fibrillation with mild cognitive impairment: a cross-sectional study in a subclinical heart failure screening programme.BMJ Open. 2021; 11e045896
- 2020 ACC/AHA guideline for the management of patients with valvular heart disease: executive summary: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Joint Committee on Clinical Practice Guidelines.Circulation. 2021; 143: e35-e71
- Statistics ABo Australia, 2017–2066. 2022 (Canberra)
- Temporal trends in disease severity and predicted surgical risk at the time of referral for echocardiography in patients diagnosed with aortic stenosis.Crit Pathw. Cardiol. 2015; 14: 103-109
- Clinical practice. Aortic regurgitation.N. Engl. J. Med. 2004; 351: 1539-1546