Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to International Journal of Cardiology
- Helsinki Heart Study: primary prevention trial with gemfibrozil in middle-aged men with dyslipidemia.N Engl J Med. 1987; 317: 1237-1245
- Incidence of coronary heart disease and lipoprotein cholesterol levels. The Framingham Study.J Am Med Assoc. 1986; 256: 2835-2838
Lipid Research Clinics Program. The Lipid Research Clinics Coronary Primary Prevention Trial results. I: reduction in the incidence of coronary heart disease. J Am Med Assoc 1984;251:351–64.
- Serum cholesterol level and mortality findings for men screened in the Multiple Risk Factor Intervention Trial.Arch Intern Med. 1992; 152: 1490-1500
National Cholesterol Education Program. Report of the NCEP Expert Panel on detection, evaluation and treatment of high blood cholesterol in adults. Arch Intern Med 1988;148:36–69.
National Cholesterol Education Program. Second report of the Expert Panel on detection, evaluation and treatment of high blood cholesterol in adults. Executive summary. Washington, D.C., National Institute of Health, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute. NIH Publication No. 93-3096, September 1993.
National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute. Cholesterol lowering in the patient with coronary heart disease: physician monograph. Bethesda, M.D., NIH Publication No. 97-3794, September 1997.
The WOSCOPS Study Group. West of Scotland Coronary Prevention Study: Implications for clinical practice. Eur Heart J 1996;17:163–4.
- For the West of Scotland Coronary Prevention Study Group; Prevention of coronary heart disease with pravastatin in men with hypercholesterolemia.N Engl J Med. 1995; 333: 1301-1307
- For the Cholesterol and Recurrent Events Trial Investigators; The effect of pravastatin on coronary events after myocardial infarction in patients with average cholesterol levels.New Engl J Med. 1996; 335: 1001-1009
The Scandinavian Simvastatin Survival Study Group. Randomised trial of cholesterol lowering in 4444 patients with coronary heart disease: The Scandinavian Simvastatin Survival Study (4S). Lancet 1994;344:1383–9.
Downs JR, Clearfield, Weis S. et al. Primary prevention of acute coronary events with lovastatin in men and women with average cholesterol levels. Results of AFCAPS/TexCAPS. J Am Med Assoc 1998;279:1615–22.
- For the HERS Research Group, Adherence to National Cholesterol Education Program treatment goals in post-menopausal women with heart disease; The Heart and Estrogen/Progestin Replacement Study (HERS).J Am Med Assoc. 1997; 277: 1281-1286
- Drug therapy for hypercholesterolemia in patients with cardiovascular disease: factors limiting achievement of lipid goals.Am J Med. 1996; 100: 197-204
- Inadequate treatment with UMG-CoA reductase inhibitors by healthcare providers.Am J Med. 1996; 100: 605-610
Pearson TA, Kris-Etherton P, Mitchell et al. Improving compliance with step I and step II cholesterol-lowering diets: the rural lipid resource center. Circulation 1995;91:936 (Abstract).
- The Lipid Treatment Assessment Project (L-TAP): a multicenter survey to evaluate the percentages of dyslipidemic patients receiving lipid-lowering therapy and achieving NCEP target LDL-C goals.Arch Intern Med. 2000; 160: 459-467